Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Dream Walker

I can hear the cars passing by will the man in my dreams stop?

Will he ask me to open the gate?
The gate to my soul, which I have barricaded.
If he does, will I open it again?
Am I prepared for the hurt again?
My lips still burn from our last embrace...

My heart can only take so much.
I hope he stops only to ask for directions to someone else.
That way I can make peace with his unwillingness to love me.
The way I love him.
I asses and make choices which are in my best interest, then he comes along.
He ruptures my soul and makes me do silly things that hurt me in the end…

Oh I wish I could stand up to my hearts whims, tell him no. Go away…
I would be crushed if he does… I am crushed; the mere thought of him not being in my dreams anymore makes me want to weep…
Relieved now that he doesn’t have the courage to stop and ask for my love…
I am willing to once again give directions…
It’s safer.

No comments:

Post a Comment